The services offered by Dr. Majdi El Halik Pediatric Physical and Mental Rehabilitation Centre cover the following client population:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Post Head Injury
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Down Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Learning Difficulties
- Genetic Syndromes
We focus on achieving the highest level of independence and minimizing disability to patients.
THE TREATMENT PROGRAM INCLUDES AMONG OTHERS:
- Individually developed program of neurophysiologic exercises in the TheraSuit™ – daily.
- Muscle spasticity management by Botox injections every (4-6 months).
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for 40 minutes (40session).
- Therapeutic massage (classic methods) - daily
- Manual therapy of the spine and of the extremities - 2 to 3 times a week
- Speech therapy - 2 to 3 times a week
- Hydrotherapy 2-3 times a week
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
The number, kinds and length of each individual treatment are decided on during/after the primary medical examination.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO START THE THERAPY PROGRAM:
In order to qualify a patient for the therapy at the Rehabilitation Centre, the following documentation is required
- X-ray pictures [A-P] view of the hips or other problematic parts of the body.
- Copies of medical reports, (e.g. PT's, Paediatrician, Neurologist, Orthopaedic surgeons).
Any additional items that parents or guardians feel may help to clarify the patient's current medical condition.